Team 1: Ing. María Lourdes Peralta Frías. Ph.D. + Geetha Iyer
Research Title: Scientific and technological management system for the mitigation of problems associated with urban sprawl.
Read or download here the publication dedicated to this collaboration (in Spanish). And the English translation of the entire LAB 2017 publication.
How can I contribute to making Panama’s urban growth more sustainable?
Our responsibilities as citizens are:
- Reduce plastic and synthetic material consumption.
- Collect rainwater.
- Respect the environment.
- Make informed decisions about the purchase of housing and its services.
Better coordination mechanisms between responsible institutions would positively affect citizens in general. The responsible institutions are:
- Institute of National Aqueducts and Sewerage - Instituto de Acueductos y Alcantarillados Nacionales (IDAAN)
- Ministry of Housing and Land Management – Ministerio de Vivienda y Ordenamiento Territorial (MIVIOT)
- Ministry of Environment – Ministerio de Ambiente (MiAmbiente)
- Ministry of Public Works Ministerio de Obras Públicas (MOP)
- Municipality of Panama -Municipio de Panamá (MUPA)
Initiatives that contribute little by little: